Virtual Shooting Range
Stonehedge Virtual Shooting Range – FAQs
Stonehedge’s virtual shooting range is where technology and entertainment meet the exceptional food and beverage selections we have been offering for two years through our aptly named bar & grill, Mulligan’s. This new and distinctive form of entertainment is suitable for anyone looking for something different to do, first-time shooters and experienced gun enthusiasts. Whether you’re looking for an exhilarating evening out with friends, an unforgettable date night, a different twist on girls’ (or guys’) night out, or for memorable corporate events, our virtual shooting ranges provide a safe, entertaining, and unique recreational experience.
Stonehedge has partnered with the leading provider of shooting simulators for recreational, law enforcement and military use worldwide – Laser Shot. Their products offer a competitive, challenging and social shooting experience that is unlike anything else on the market. Using replica firearms, advanced laser technology and our existing 18’ screens, our shooting simulators provide a safe, unintimidating experience – whether you’re looking to just have some fun or to increase real-world shooting skills. The technology is actually quite similar to our existing golf simulators, yet much safer.
ABSOLUTELY NOT… Laser Shot guns are replica firearms cast into the size, shape, and weight of actual firearms, but cannot be used to shoot live ammunition or converted into live firearms. Our replica firearms do not fire actual projectiles – they emit a small, invisible, laser and work in combination with a hit-detection camera to capture and produce extremely accurate shot results. Our replica firearms give you a realistic and accurate shooting experience without the danger of a real weapon.
Stonehedge staff is trained in the proper procedures and operation of the replica firearms. During your initial visit, you will be informed on basic procedures, operation, and safety of the replica firearms. Indoor attendants are available and can assist you or address questions at any time.
Yes. Due to the nature of our content and weight of the guns themselves, children 10 and younger are NOT permitted in the shooting simulators at any time. Anyone between the ages of 11 and 17 may use the shooting simulator equipment when they satisfy the following requirements:
(1) We have parental approval on file,
(2) The child has completed a brief, 5-minute gun safety briefing, and
(3) They are accompanied by an adult over the age of 18.
Customer safety is one of our top priorities! Even though our replica firearms are inherently safe and do not fire live ammunition, we will implement safety measures comparable to those used by our indoor
golfing customers and demand absolute compliance with all standard gun safety rules. Customers failing to comply with the following gun safety rules will be asked to leave the indoor center:
(1) Always treat our replica firearms as if they were real, loaded guns.
(2) Never point the muzzle of our replica firearms at anyone or anything other than the screen. Pointing a replica firearm at someone is STRICTLY prohibited and will be asked to leave the indoor center.
(3) Keep your finger off the trigger and away from the trigger guard until you are ready to fire at the target on the screen.
(4) When not in use, replica firearms should be placed back in their case and NOT on the wooden bar table or wooden computer cabinet.
(5) All replica firearms MUST remain in the assigned shooting simulator at all times and be transported in a closed case when outside the simulator bay.
(6) Parents and authorized adults are responsible for making sure that children in their shooting simulator between the ages of 12-17 are complying with these procedures.
Each game has its own, unique scoring system – some are based on points, some are based on time and some use a blended total that includes points, hits, misses, etc. At the end of each game, an onscreen scoreboard will provide results for each individual shooter. Many of the games also provide local and online scoreboards as well, allowing customers to compete against simulators at Stonehedge and other Laser Shot customers worldwide!
While we accept walk-in customers, we suggest that customers always book reservations in advance to ensure availability. You can check our real-time availability and book reservations online or by calling us at 802.779.9595.
We are currently planning to host shooting leagues and special events. If you would like us to host a private league, email us at email@example.com. Like/follow us on Facebook for additional league updates.
Stonehedge will be looking to bring certified instructors onboard later this year. Whether you’ve never fired a gun, or just want some new tips and tricks, Stonehedge hopes to have a class for you. Like/follow us on Facebook for additional league updates.
NO. To maintain the maximum amount of safety for our guests, personal firearms are NOT allowed inside Stonehedge. With the equipment we’re using inside our venue, we never want to take a chance of someone mistakenly confusing a real firearm for one of our replica firearms.
In short, a BUNCH!!! Here’s a short list of the virtual shooting games available:
- Themed, amusement-based Shooting Galleries
- Game Hunting – White-Tail Deer, Wild Boar, Ducks, Squirrels and, our personal favorite, Prairie Dogs
- Steel Challenge Competitions – yes, course and target layouts that mirror the Steel Challenge competitions held worldwide (http://steelchallenge.com/)
- Practical Shooting Drills – a series of shooting courses/mazes that test decision-making and present shoot/don’t-shoot simulations to competitors
- Skills Drills – a variety of shooting competitions geared towards improving reaction times, target recognition and moving target mechanics
Check out our range menu for detail on all our virtual shooting options.
Absolutely! Laser Shot endorses some of the top marksmen (and markswomen…) in the United States and uses their subject matter experience and input when designing and enhancing their virtual shooting
applications. All the previously mentioned games can be configured and tailored to meet the needs of individual customers. Shooters of all experience levels will find our virtual shooting experience challenging, competitive, safe, and much quieter than a live fire range. Still not convinced? Here are some additional “virtual advantages” worth considering:
(1) Ammunition is expensive! At Stonehedge, you’re not charged by the shot – you rent the simulator by the hour and can shoot an unlimited number of shots during your visit.
(2) Shooting at paper targets gets a little old and boring. At Stonehedge, we have variety of different games and shooting scenarios – moving targets, accuracy drills, skills drills, wild game hunting and best of all, we keep score so you can compete against your friends or track your improvement.
(3) Shooting at Stonehedge is a social experience – in between shooting, kick back, order some food, and enjoy your favorite adult beverage while hanging with your friends. And leave your ear protection at home… While the games produce a small amount of audio feedback, you can still carry on a conversation with other guests sitting at your table while someone is shooting.
Stonehedge Indoor Golf is happy to serve as your single-venue resource and manage all the arrangements associated with your event – from a small group of 8-10 friends to a full-building rental with 100+ guests. Our event planning services are designed to eliminate frustration and allow YOU to enjoy yourself as much as your fellow guests. With our virtual shooting range up and running, Stonehedge can now include the use of our four (4) virtual shooting simulators as another entertainment service we provide. Refer to our Events page for additional details.